Thursday, July 22, 2010

Polenta Pizza


This was a clean-out-the-fridge type concoction. I have had this polenta (organic, non-gmo corn, of course) that I picked up from Trader Joe's taking up space in my fridge for quite some time. Yeah, yeah...the polenta isn't homemade. But sometimes, you really need something quick, and this satiated my desire for a time-conserving meal that packed a lot of flavor. I also didn't have to turn the oven on...a big plus on a 90 degree day when I have had all the different variations of salad that my produce will allow.

I cut the polenta into 1/4 inch rounds, sauteed in olive oil for about 4 minutes on each side, then topped with a spoon full leftover marinara I made earlier this week, a little bit of grated almond "mozzarella" cheese, and garnished with a fresh basil leaf from my windowsill plant. Voila. Fast, simple, and delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment